Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thing Six

I have been a member of Classroom 2.0, but I need to get on there and read the discussions and contribute more often. I did just join the Classroom 2.0 beginner group because I thought the discussions looked very interesting. I think one would blog in a Ning and not on Blogger because on Ning you are part of a collaborative community, and you would blog about your passion or your interest in that online community. I like Nings for educators because you are reading and discussing current issues in education. On Classroom 2.0, you are learning new Web 2.0 tools for the classroom.

I thing a Ning is great for students and especially students in middle and upper school. It is a great place for students to collaoborate and find people online with their same interests. You could have a Ning that is a book club or a science club. It really could be anything. I think it would be very engaging for the students. Of course you would have to educate your students about being safe and responsible in a Ning.

5 comments:

  1. So, are you going to make a Ning for your students?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might be interested in reading Langwitches Blog post "Best Web 2.0 Applications for Elementary School" (http://langwitches.org/blog/2007/12/22/best-web-20-applications-for-elementary-school/). Ning is number 6 on the list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in some professional nings, but I am not comfortable with making a ning for my third graders. I have made a wiki with them, but the ning seems a little too advance for them at this point.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Langwithches Blog post. It is the best! I am applying so much that I have learned to my classroom. The best thing is that it is just a normal teacher willing to try things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I recently had the opportunity to see CoolCatTeacher at a conference. She started out similar to you and look at all of the great technology she has integrated in student learning.

    ReplyDelete