Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thing Five

I do think that LinkedIn could be a valuable resource for teachers if they make some good connections with other teachers with their same interests. It could be a great place to share ideas, articles, and other things that you find interesting. I think it is not being used by teachers because it seems to be more like a social networking for businesses. Personally it appears to be a place to recruit for people with business backgrounds. I may be wrong, and I will give it a try. I also belong to Facebook. That is a great place to keep in touch with current friends and contact old friends from college, high school, etc. Facebook is more social than professional.

3 comments:

  1. Maybe educators need something in between Facebook and LinkedIn. FacedIn? LinkBook?

    I think many Nings are the perfect place for educators to make connections.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just conducted a simple Google search - LinkedIn for teachers. One blog - http://www.dvforteachers.com/2010/01/16/linkedin-for-teachers-resources/ - popped up and looked interesting. Perhaps LinkedIn is beginning to break into the educational world.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a great thing if they were to break into the educational world.

    ReplyDelete