Monday, March 29, 2010

Thing 22: Your Turn

I am working with a teacher on how to integrate Voicethread in the classroom. She has really enjoyed it and will continue to use it. Her class has been working on biographies of people that have contributed to our great country. They each have to create a page that represents the person they have chosen to study. Their classmates have to comment on their peers' page either by typing or leaving an audio message.

I have also been looking for a powerful Web 2.0 tool for a time line. I think I may have found one, but I need to peruse it more. It is XTimeLine. It is a collaborative time line. You can actually collaborate with other teachers or students anywhere at any time. You can upload photos, videos, web links, and text. You can invite others, like maybe an expert, to discuss, add, or comment to the time line. I think this is an excellent Web 2.0 tool for a history/social studies lesson. I looked at many of the Web 2.0 tools at the hot links, and I think it is endless what we can do now as teachers. There are so many ways to support our students. I think it is also very necessary for the teachers that enjoy the new tools to share and support the teachers that are afraid of the new tools.

2 comments:

  1. "I think it is also very necessary for the teachers that enjoy the new tools to share and support the teachers that are afraid of the new tools." I agree! I almost required this Thing to be a teaching item instead of giving people a choice. However, as it was the second from last Thing, I went with the options.

    XTimeLine is great. Also look at Capzles. I had a colleague recommend this site. Sounds good too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VoiceThread is a great gem in this project. I can't believe that I have let it siton the shelf for such a long time. I guess it takes a project like this for us to dust off gems and put them to use in our classrooms.

    ReplyDelete