Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Thing Eight


I really enjoyed creating a Netvibes starter page. I looked at both Page Flakes and Netvibes. To me, Netvibes seemed more user friendly. I do think older students would enjoy this a lot. They could have different teacher blogs on their page along with their favorite gadgets and feeds. I personally added various news feeds, weather, maps, and some 21st century learning blogs I am following. I also added my facebook. I find it very useful because you can at one glance peruse everything that is important to you and decide what to read and what to summarize. I have not added my twitter account or my email account. I will probably do this, but I just want to understand it slowly and feel comfortable instead of feeling overwhelmed.

2 comments:

  1. One thing that I like about NetVibes is that you can set up a public page that you could give students on any particular topic you wish. Could be useful...now I am thinking I should have made one for Web 2.0 tools.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have just given me some ideas on how to organize my own NetVibes page.

    ReplyDelete